Quantcast

.ps files

Jason Rexroat
Hello,

I use VLC to view a video stream, and recorded a section of that stream using Convert/Save.  This file is apparently a .PS file, and it will not play in anything but VLC.  I've scoured the web for ways to convert this to a .avi file (or something similar), but with no luck.  Is there a way to convert these .PS video files to other, more widely playable files?

Jason Rexroat
CubeLab Ops
Space Systems Lab, University of Kentucky
c. (859) 684-4629

Re: .ps files

Arioch
В письме от Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:12:49 +0400, Jason Rexroat
<[hidden email]> сообщал:

> I use VLC to view a video stream, and recorded a section of that stream
> using Convert/Save.

Doesn't this dialog allow to change format to everything, including AVI ?

> This file is apparently a .PS file, and it will not
> play in anything but VLC.

use MediaInfo.sf.net to determine format of fuile - probably container is
MPEG4 PS
Video and audio formats are to be determined too.

Then use free-codecs.net to get roper codecs for those.
AFAIR, Haali Splitter works with MPEG4 PS. KMPlayer and MPC-HC players can
use it to watch MPEG4 PS contained files.

--
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/